Bio Aid Super Concentrate 15ml
Bio Aid Super Concentrate 15ml
Biological disease and waste control.
To purchase our products online please use our new online store using the button below
Bio Aid is a mix of 27 different strains of heterotrophic pro-biotic bacteria. Probiotic Bacteria improve the quality of your water by digesting solid and dissolved waste in your aquarium.
When added on a weekly basis Bio Aid will:
- Reduce BOD COD (biological/biochemical oxygen demand (BOD) and Chemical Oxygen Demand (COD), this is the oxygen demand that waste, either organic, inorganic, solid or dissolved, puts on the system if not digested and removed. (I.e. polluted waters have much higher BOD/COD than clean water)
- Reduce algae by removing nutrients that algae thrive on.
- Digest oils and grease (often seen as oil slicks that form on the top of the water, this can be caused by a number of factors including using food with high fat and lipid content)
- Digest phosphate and phosphorus
- Performs heterotrophic nitrification and de-nitrification (REMOVAL OF NITRATE), (NOT A TRUE NITRIFYING BACTERIA, FOR TANK START UP USE BIO-CULTURE)
- Digests bottom sediment, sludge, uneaten food and fish waste
- Reduces disease causing bacteria through competitive exclusion
Highly concentrated, Bio Aid contains over 1 billion cells of bacteria per ml that, once added to your aquarium will start to assimilate waste and clean your aquarium biologically, the way nature intended.
Within 30 minutes the bacteria wake up from their dormant state and go to work, re-producing every 10 to 15 minutes under the right conditions. Because the heterotrophic bacteria in Bio Aid are so efficient at their job, waste products from uneaten fish food, fish waste, dead plants, algae and sediment/sludge, are broken down very quickly and the population of bacteria soon diminishes as the food source for them depletes.
Adding Bio Aid every 7 days ensures that you maintain a healthy population of probiotic bacteria in your aquarium or pond. Bio Aid can be used in both fresh and salt water and can be used in conjunction with Active Bac and Pro-Bio-Plus for added waste assimilation and disease control.
For faster Aquarium startup, Bio Aid can be used in conjunction with Bio-Culture, a mix of True, Nitrifying Autotrophic bacteria found to be the most dominant strains of nitrifying bacteria found in Aquaria.
- Home Aquariums/Display Aquariums:
- Regular Aquarium maintenance: Average stocking density, 1ml per 950 litres (1 drop per 50 litres).
- Regular aquarium maintenance: Heavy stocking density, 1ml per 760 litres (1 drop per 40L).
- Regular pond maintenance: Average stocking density, 1ml per 760 litres (1 drop per 40 litres).
- Regular pond maintenance: Heavy stocking density, 1ml per 570 litres (1 drop per 30 litres).
Multiple Tanks Systems:
- Regular system maintenance (low water exchange): 1ml per 570 litres (1 drop per 30 litres).
- Advanced waste management/disease control through competitive exclusion (low water exchange).
- 1ml per 200 litres (1 drop per 10 litres).
- Advanced waste management/disease control through competitive exclusion (high water exchange).
- 1ml per 100 litres (1 drop per 5 litres).